Horse rescued from flooded creek
RESCUE efforts to release a horse from a flooded creek took about three hours today.The horse had got stuck in the mud at Holbrook Creek, in Holbrook, at about midday.
RESCUE efforts to release a horse from a flooded creek took about three hours today.
The horse had got stuck in the mud at Holbrook Creek, in Holbrook, at about midday.
Firefighters from Holbrook, Bury St Edmunds, Colchester and Ipswich were called in to assist the rescue attempt.
They were able to pull the horse from the mud but the animal then became trapped on marshland surrounded by water.
You may also want to watch:
The drama was over by 4pm.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 8 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them