Horse rescued from flooded creek
RESCUE efforts to release a horse from a flooded creek took about three hours today.The horse had got stuck in the mud at Holbrook Creek, in Holbrook, at about midday.
RESCUE efforts to release a horse from a flooded creek took about three hours today.
The horse had got stuck in the mud at Holbrook Creek, in Holbrook, at about midday.
Firefighters from Holbrook, Bury St Edmunds, Colchester and Ipswich were called in to assist the rescue attempt.
They were able to pull the horse from the mud but the animal then became trapped on marshland surrounded by water.
You may also want to watch:
The drama was over by 4pm.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 5 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town