Horses evacuated during blaze
FIRE ripped through a large barn containing fertiliser tonight, threatening to engulf nearby stables.More than 30 firefighters battled the blaze, which broke out shortly before 7.
By Danielle Nuttall
FIRE ripped through a large barn containing fertiliser tonight, threatening to engulf nearby stables.
More than 30 firefighters battled the blaze, which broke out shortly before 7.30pm at Hall Farm in Church Lane, Copdock, near Ipswich.
Their efforts were hampered by strong winds which fanned the flames over a large area and caused oil and straw on the premises to ignite.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters had to evacuate horses from a building next door to the barn in case the fire spread.
It is not known how the blaze started because it was too dangerous for firefighters to begin their investigation.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
For the full story, see tomorrow's Evening Star.