Hospice calls for volunteers
A HUNT is on for volunteers to support an Ipswich hospice today.The St Elizabeth Hospice is holding a recruitment event on Thursday, May 8, for anyone interested in helping it run its vital services during the day.
A HUNT is on for volunteers to support an Ipswich hospice today.
The St Elizabeth Hospice is holding a recruitment event on Thursday, May 8, for anyone interested in helping it run its vital services during the day.
It is currently undergoing a £1million building project which should see improvements to several areas of the building, including an extension of the day care facilities.
Bosses are keen to recruit more day care volunteers such as hosts and hostesses, activity volunteers, volunteer drivers, complementary therapy volunteers, volunteer hairdressers, beauty therapy volunteers and group support volunteers.
Elena Obiang Ondo, volunteer services coordinator at St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “The help and support of our volunteers is vital, without it the work of the hospice could not continue.
“We only ask volunteers to commit a minimum of four hours a fortnight but it really does make a difference.
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 8 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 9 Ipswich teen accused of brandishing machete tells court it was a plastic toy
- 10 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
“Anyone can become a volunteer and it is extremely rewarding, you get to meet new people and you will be using your free time in a worthwhile and positive way.”
Next month's event, from 2pm to 4pm and 6pm to 8pm, will be a chance to find out more about the work of St Elizabeth Hospice's day care services and the volunteering roles available, as well as the opportunity to meet staff and existing volunteers.
For more information about the meeting, which will take place in the education centre of the Foxhall Road hospice, call Elena Obiang Ondo, on 01473 707016.