Hospital visitor thanks kind stranger
A GRATEFUL hospital visitor is today thanking the kindness of a stranger after being reunited with £150 cash she thought she would never see again. Christine Speirs dropped her wallet containing the money in the car park at Ipswich hospital on December 29.
A GRATEFUL hospital visitor is today thanking the kindness of a stranger after being reunited with £150 cash she thought she would never see again.
Christine Speirs dropped her wallet containing the money in the car park at Ipswich hospital on December 29.
She said: “I was visiting my aunty in hospital. It was dark and raining and we were looking for change. I dropped my change and my wallet must have dropped out then.”
Mrs Speirs, of Lupin Road, Ipswich, said she did not notice the loss until the next day.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I had £150 in the wallet which I had saved to buy a surprise gift for my husband. I hunted everywhere and we phoned the police and phoned the hospital.”
It wasn't until New Year's Eve that Mrs Speirs telephoned the hospital a second time to discover the wallet had been handed in.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
The 57-year-old said: “It was such a relief. I never thought I would see the money again but there are honest people out there. It restores your faith in human nature and I'd like to thank whoever handed it in.”
Did you find Mrs Speir's wallet? Contact The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org