Search

Hot light fitting sets off alarm

PUBLISHED: 10:37 10 May 2002 | UPDATED: 11:53 03 March 2010

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a charity shop today after a light fitting overheated and set off a fire alarm.

Two appliances and a pump rescue ladder went to the Sense charity shop in Upper Brook Street, Ipswich, shortly before 8.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a charity shop today after a light fitting overheated and set off a fire alarm.

Two appliances and a pump rescue ladder went to the Sense charity shop in Upper Brook Street, Ipswich, shortly before 8.30am but no action was required.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ipswich Star