Hot Mamas ready to wow the crowd in Ipswich Has Got Talent final next month
- Credit: Archant
A group of local mums are in the final stages of preparing to dazzle the crowd – and the judges – with a show-stopping number in the Ipswich Has Got Talent final next month.
The Hot Mamas, a group of ladies aged between 30 and 53 from the Hadleigh, Bildeston and Monks Eleigh area, will perform a dance to the song Hot Honey Rag from the musical Chigaco.
The troupe was first formed when some regulars at an adult’s dance class in Bildeston had an opportunity to perform in front of an audience at the village’s Chamberlin Hall.
They now regularly perform as a group and are hoping their moves will help them see off the competition in Ipswich’s annual talent competition.
Hayley Hynard from Bildeston said of the group: “My confidence has grown so much since our first time performing.
You may also want to watch:
“I love every minute of it; when we got through to the final can’t describe how good it felt and to share that with such a lovely bunch of ladies is icing on the cake.”
Debbie Bailey, a mum of three and grandmother to two, also from Bildeston, said: “Everyone in the group is so different and yet when we are together there is a spark that connects us as a group.
- 1 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 4 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 6 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
“I think we’ve done well in the competition because we encourage each other and have learnt to believe in ourselves.”
The Hot Mamas’ dance teacher is Lesley Woods, principal at Miss Lesley’s School of Performing Arts.
“From just a once a week dance/fitness class these ladies have come a long way and proved that no matter your age, shape, size or ability you can achieve things you only ever dreamed of if you believe in yourself,” she said.
“I am so very proud of them and the hard work they have put in – they have never once said ‘I can’t do that’ no matter what I have thrown at them.”
The final of Ipswich Has Got Talent will be held at the Regent Theatre on November 13. Tickets are available from www.ipswichregent.com.