House and field damaged in fires
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a spate of fires overnight which left a house damaged, four hectares of a field burned and several clean-up jobs needed after small fires.
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a spate of fires which left a house damaged, four hectares of a field burned and several clean-up jobs needed after small fires.
The busy stretch for firefighters began at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon when a fire broke out in the kitchen of a house in Silk Mill Close, Hadleigh, which took ten minutes to put out.
Less than an hour later six crews from Ipswich and Felixstowe were called to Church Lane in Sproughton after a report of a stubble field on fire which was spotted from the A14.
The crews arrived to find four hectares of stubble and cut straw ablaze.
Just after 8.10pm a crew from the Princes Street station was called to a rubbish fire in Humber Doucy Lane, Ipswich and at 8.30pm a 30-square metre patch of heath land in Playford Road, Ipswich caught fire, which took about ten minutes to extinguish.
Just before 11pm a crew from the Princes Street station was again called out to a fire in some rubbish, this time in St Matthews Street. That also was quickly extinguished.
- 1 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 3 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 4 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 5 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 6 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 7 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 8 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 9 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
- 10 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
Just after 4.50am there was a fire in some rubbish in the doorway of Whittard of Chelsea coffee shop in Tower Street, Ipswich. It was extinguished just before 5am.