House and field damaged in fires
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a spate of fires overnight which left a house damaged, four hectares of a field burned and several clean-up jobs needed after small fires.
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a spate of fires which left a house damaged, four hectares of a field burned and several clean-up jobs needed after small fires.
The busy stretch for firefighters began at 4.30pm yesterday afternoon when a fire broke out in the kitchen of a house in Silk Mill Close, Hadleigh, which took ten minutes to put out.
Less than an hour later six crews from Ipswich and Felixstowe were called to Church Lane in Sproughton after a report of a stubble field on fire which was spotted from the A14.
The crews arrived to find four hectares of stubble and cut straw ablaze.
You may also want to watch:
Just after 8.10pm a crew from the Princes Street station was called to a rubbish fire in Humber Doucy Lane, Ipswich and at 8.30pm a 30-square metre patch of heath land in Playford Road, Ipswich caught fire, which took about ten minutes to extinguish.
Just before 11pm a crew from the Princes Street station was again called out to a fire in some rubbish, this time in St Matthews Street. That also was quickly extinguished.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Just after 4.50am there was a fire in some rubbish in the doorway of Whittard of Chelsea coffee shop in Tower Street, Ipswich. It was extinguished just before 5am.