House fire stopped from spreading

OCCUPANTS of an Ipswich home were able to extinguish a fire before it could do any serious damage.

OCCUPANTS of an Ipswich home were able to extinguish a fire before it could do any serious damage.

A blaze broke out in the lounge of a house in Hossack Road shortly after 2pm today.

Fire crews from Princess Street station and Colchester Road headquarters were called to the scene but on arrival found that the fire had already been put out.

Firefighters declared the house safe and that there was no risk of the fire reigniting at around 2.20pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter