Shotley Marina flats with stunning harbour views planned
- Credit: citizenside.com
Shotley Gate could get a three-storey flat block overlooking its marina if planning permission is given the go-ahead.
The nine two-bedroom apartments with landscaping and parking at the Grassy Knoll on King Edward VII Drive, the approach to the marina and overlooking Harwich Harbour, are being considered by Babergh District Council.
Developers Shotley Marina Ltd has already built and sold 12 flats at Shotley Lodge in the area, which has had minimal development according to Suffolk architects Wincer Kievenaar.
Wincer Kievenaar also claims, in planning documents, that there is a "large waiting list" to buy a property in Shotley Gate.
They said: "This proposal adds to the sustainability of the whole village as it will attract a variety of family types and sizes.
You may also want to watch:
"Following the COVID pandemic, a rise in dwelling searches for coastal and villages has risen by 126%. Currently, there are only two flats for sale in Shotley."
The planning application can be viewed by searching here planning.baberghmidsuffolk.gov.uk for DC/21/01700. The consultation will run until Tuesday, April 13.
- 1 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 2 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 3 Man facing prison after pleading guilty to string of sex offences
- 4 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 5 Ipswich candle company 'flourishes' with expansion to 10,000sq ft warehouse
- 6 200-year-old family funfair returns to Ipswich
- 7 What is Ipswich's favourite takeaway?
- 8 Man allegedly made racially aggravated comment to shop worker
- 9 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 10 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich