70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Deck the streets with boughs of fairy lights - 70 houses in Kesgrave have joined this year's festive lights trail.
Mum-of-two Frankie Nixon organised a Christmas light trail around Kesgrave last year to bring the community together after a tough time in lockdown.
And she wanted to make the occasion even bigger for 2021, planning a switch-on event on December 4, where Kesgrave houses lit up all at once.
Families were invited to the Rupert Fison Square ahead of the switch-on to enjoy some carol singing by the Kesgrave Singers, and the switch-on came at 6pm.
Among the decorations are Santas, snowmen and giant polar bears.
A map will be available from the Scout Hall for people hoping to see every participating home.
In a video posted online, Frankie said: "I just want to thank everyone who is taking part and I hope that everybody goes out and enjoys the trail and has a wonderful Christmas."
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing