62 home retirement complex 'discovery day' announced
- Credit: McCarthy Stone
The developer behind the construction of 62 new retirement homes in Ipswich will give a "first look" at its forthcoming development at an event next week.
The Thomas Wolsey Place Retirement Living development, in Lower Brook Street, is currently under construction and will comprise of 51 flats and 11 town houses.
Developer McCarthy Stone will host two presentations at 10.30am and 1.30pm at Ipswich Town Hall on Wednesday, June 29.
During these times, there will be opportunity to look at the plans and specifications for the apartments and townhouses for the over 60s development.
David Meacham, divisional sales director for McCarthy Stone said: “Our new development, Thomas Wolsey Place, is proving to be very popular amongst locals, and we look forward to welcoming them to our Discovery Day to get a first look and find out more.
"We encourage all those who are interested to get in touch without delay and avoid missing out.”
The day will also offer a chance to find out about purchase options on the development.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after crash involving pedestrian
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 4 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 Postcode guide: What is it like to live in IP4?
- 7 Heatwave possible as temperatures expected to soar
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing is remanded in custody
- 9 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 10 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
Thomas Wolsey Place will comprise of 25 one-bedroom and 26-two bedroom flats alongside the 11 two-bed town houses.
It will also feature a communal lounge and a shared garden with a house manager on hand to take care of the day-to-day running of the development.
A 24-hour emergency call system will also be provided.
Cheryl Bissett, divisional sales and marketing director for McCarthy Stone said: “Thomas Wolsey was an extremely influential figure with great power given to him during the reign of King Henry VIII.
"With him being born in Ipswich and the long-standing relationship the town has had with Thomas Wolsey, we thought it was only right to name this development after him and we thank David for putting the name forward."
The development is expected to be completed by the end of 2023.
Those wishing to attend the discover day are asked to call in advance on 0800 201 4811.