Monkey around at Ipswich animal livestream and dance workshop
- Credit: Archant
Children and parents can tune into a livestream of Jungle Jam at Ipswich Museum next week.
Dance artist Lizzie Hawes and Ipswich Museum curator Mel Hollis will take you on a virtual tour of Ipswich Museum's animals and host a dance workshop.
The event, run by DanceEast, is for children under 11 years and their families and takes inspiration from the Giles Andreae book Giraffes Can’t Dance.
If you book before Thursday, April 1, a free event pack will be sent in the post that will contain some materials to create your own jungle animals.
After this date materials will be given digitally, with bookings closing on Tuesday, April 6 at noon.
This event will be supported by volunteers from Ipswich Museum, DanceEast, and the University of Suffolk’s BA dance degree programme.
The cost of tickets is pay-what-you-can with prices ranging from £3 to £7, depending on how much you can afford.
Jungle Jam takes place on Tuesday, April 6 at 2pm. For more, see here.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas