Monkey around at Ipswich animal livestream and dance workshop
- Credit: Archant
Children and parents can tune into a livestream of Jungle Jam at Ipswich Museum next week.
Dance artist Lizzie Hawes and Ipswich Museum curator Mel Hollis will take you on a virtual tour of Ipswich Museum's animals and host a dance workshop.
The event, run by DanceEast, is for children under 11 years and their families and takes inspiration from the Giles Andreae book Giraffes Can’t Dance.
If you book before Thursday, April 1, a free event pack will be sent in the post that will contain some materials to create your own jungle animals.
After this date materials will be given digitally, with bookings closing on Tuesday, April 6 at noon.
You may also want to watch:
This event will be supported by volunteers from Ipswich Museum, DanceEast, and the University of Suffolk’s BA dance degree programme.
The cost of tickets is pay-what-you-can with prices ranging from £3 to £7, depending on how much you can afford.
Jungle Jam takes place on Tuesday, April 6 at 2pm. For more, see here.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 8 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car