How you can help ease cancer agony
CANCER is a terrifying prospect but having more information is a major step forward to quelling the fear.That is why the Cancer Campaign in Suffolk has been trying to raise £300,000 for a cancer information centre at Ipswich Hospital.
By Jessica Nicholls
CANCER is a terrifying prospect but having more information is a major step forward to quelling the fear.
That is why the Cancer Campaign in Suffolk has been trying to raise £300,000 for a cancer information centre at Ipswich Hospital.
Today, we join their fight by launching the Star's Raise The Roof campaign to find the final £100,000 needed to start the building work.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich businessman Graeme Kalbraier was recently told he had prostate cancer but thanks to its early discovery he is now recovering. He knows how important it is to have professional information to help you through the minefield of options that await you.
Today, he adds his weight in support of the new service with a £1,000 donation to the Star's appeal.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 7 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 New special school planned for former BT site
- 10 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
Now we ask our readers to join us in our mission to get the money coming in to help boost this wonderful cause.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR