Ipswich shoppers get glimpse into future of mobile technology
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Ipswich shoppers got the chance to sample the futuristic capabilities of 5G mobile network technology.
Visitors were able to demonstrate soaring through a VR galaxy and streaming a concert to friends in 360 degrees, while seeing how smartphones will be able to morph into tablets, at the Huawei's 5G Experiential exhibition on the Cornhill on Saturday.
The mobile experiential exhibition was powered by 5G and demonstrated its potential in action.
It featured several 'demo zones', each dedicated to showcasing how emerging cloud-based services will transform the consumer experience across Cloud VR, Cloud Gaming and Cloud PC.
Businesses and professionals were also invited along to learn how to use cloud computing and VR to make education fully interactive and immersive, increase productivity and digitise farming.
You may also want to watch:
The 5G Experiential is on a nationwide tour of the UK.
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 9 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
- 10 Churches prepare to open at Quay Place and the former Odeon cinema