Huge fire in derelict factory
MORE than 50 firefighters were involved in battling a blaze at a former factory early today.The fire at Brett Works in Pound Lane, Hadleigh was reported at just before 2am today.
MORE than 50 firefighters were involved in battling a blaze at a former factory early today.
The fire at Brett Works in Pound Lane, Hadleigh was reported at just before 2am today.
The blaze took hold in the derelict building before spreading to a neighbouring building which was also derelict.
Crews from Ipswich, Hadleigh, Nayland, Sudbury, Long Melford and Felixstowe were sent to the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Although the fire was brought under control by around 4am, three crews are still in attendance damping down the fire and monitoring two canisters.
See this website for more updates later.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths