Huge hike that hits you hard
TODAY The Evening Star calls to account the county council which has turned on the very people it is supposed to represent and protect.Today, this newspaper says that in proposing a whopping 18.4 per cent increase in council tax bills, Suffolk County Council is unjustifiably hammering tens of thousands of people.
TODAY The Evening Star calls to account the county council which has turned on the very people it is supposed to represent and protect.
Today, this newspaper says that in proposing a whopping, staggering, 18.4 per cent increase in council tax bills, Suffolk County Council, its leaders and its highly-paid mandarins, are unjustifiably hammering tens of thousands of people.
After three years of inflation-smashing Suffolk council charge increases – 7.3 per cent, 6.9pc and 12pc – the latest increase – nearly SEVEN TIMES the rate of inflation – is wholly unjustified.
It takes too much EXTRA money out of people's pockets and cannot, we believe, be justified.
You may also want to watch:
Today this newspaper, the only public voice so far to speak out on the issue, says enough is enough – and our representative county councillors must act on behalf of the people – and reject this enormous rise.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season