Huge hike that hits you hard
TODAY The Evening Star calls to account the county council which has turned on the very people it is supposed to represent and protect.Today, this newspaper says that in proposing a whopping 18.4 per cent increase in council tax bills, Suffolk County Council is unjustifiably hammering tens of thousands of people.
TODAY The Evening Star calls to account the county council which has turned on the very people it is supposed to represent and protect.
Today, this newspaper says that in proposing a whopping, staggering, 18.4 per cent increase in council tax bills, Suffolk County Council, its leaders and its highly-paid mandarins, are unjustifiably hammering tens of thousands of people.
After three years of inflation-smashing Suffolk council charge increases – 7.3 per cent, 6.9pc and 12pc – the latest increase – nearly SEVEN TIMES the rate of inflation – is wholly unjustified.
It takes too much EXTRA money out of people's pockets and cannot, we believe, be justified.
Today this newspaper, the only public voice so far to speak out on the issue, says enough is enough – and our representative county councillors must act on behalf of the people – and reject this enormous rise.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside