Huge queues for Ipswich Town FC open day at Portman Road
- Credit: Archant
Huge queues are building up outside Portman Road this morning for today’s annual Ipswich Town Open Day.
The first excited Blues fans arrived at the ground before 7am, eager to be first in line to meet their favourite football stars.
Thousands are expected to turn up for today’s open day, which runs from 9.30am to 2pm.
Visitors will get he chance to meet and chat with players, grab a selfie and an autograph or two before taking a seat to watch the players train on the hallowed turf.
•VIDEO: Everything you need to know about the Ipswich Town FC open dayThe open day will see the ground’s Fieldturf training pitch packed with fun activities for the whole family.
Town mascots Bluey and Crazee will also be at the event, going head-to-head in a mascot race later in the day.
A host of food and refreshment stalls will also be on offer.
Last year the event attracted more than 4,00 people to Portman Road.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence