Human fireball dies
A MAN died in a human fireball after apparently setting himself ablaze in a quiet village road.Police sealed off Valley Farm Drive, Sproughton, after the horrific incident, which happened at about 8.30pm yesterday.
A MAN died in a horrific human fireball after apparently setting himself ablaze in a quiet village road.
Police sealed off Valley Farm Drive, Sproughton, after the incident, which happened at about 8.30pm yesterday.
They launched an investigation after the man, who is believed to be from Sproughton and in his early 30s, died at the scene.
Paramedics were called to the location but the East Anglian Ambulance Service said the man had died before they arrived.
You may also want to watch:
"We believe the man set himself on fire and killed himself. It appears he ran into the road and doused himself with petrol," said a service spokesman.
Relatives were told of the tragedy last night.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 6 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 7 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 10 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour