Human fireball dies
A MAN died in a human fireball after apparently setting himself ablaze in a quiet village road.Police sealed off Valley Farm Drive, Sproughton, after the horrific incident, which happened at about 8.30pm yesterday.
A MAN died in a horrific human fireball after apparently setting himself ablaze in a quiet village road.
Police sealed off Valley Farm Drive, Sproughton, after the incident, which happened at about 8.30pm yesterday.
They launched an investigation after the man, who is believed to be from Sproughton and in his early 30s, died at the scene.
Paramedics were called to the location but the East Anglian Ambulance Service said the man had died before they arrived.
You may also want to watch:
"We believe the man set himself on fire and killed himself. It appears he ran into the road and doused himself with petrol," said a service spokesman.
Relatives were told of the tragedy last night.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge