Hundreds enjoy school sports day
RACING for the finishing line saw hundreds of children channelling their energy into sport.A surge of competitive spirit, along with a sense of fun, arose in pupils at Clifford Road Primary School, Ipswich, at the school's annual sports day held in nearby Alexandra Park.
RACING for the finishing line saw hundreds of children channelling their energy into sport.
A surge of competitive spirit, along with a sense of fun, arose in pupils at Clifford Road Primary School, Ipswich, at the school's annual sports day held in nearby Alexandra Park.
Parents turned up to watch 430 pupils aged four to 11 take part, and help organise the huge event.
School bursar Diane Hayward said a good time was had by all.
As she saw them returning to the classroom after a morning's exertion, she said: "They are all coming back to school exhausted!
"The younger pupils took part in dressing up races, and racing with a potato on a spoon.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
"The older ones did bicycle, obstacle races and all sorts."
The weather held fine and dry for the event although Mrs Hayward said it had been a bit chilly for the youngest pupils.