Hundreds enjoy school sports day
RACING for the finishing line saw hundreds of children channelling their energy into sport.A surge of competitive spirit, along with a sense of fun, arose in pupils at Clifford Road Primary School, Ipswich, at the school's annual sports day held in nearby Alexandra Park.
RACING for the finishing line saw hundreds of children channelling their energy into sport.
A surge of competitive spirit, along with a sense of fun, arose in pupils at Clifford Road Primary School, Ipswich, at the school's annual sports day held in nearby Alexandra Park.
Parents turned up to watch 430 pupils aged four to 11 take part, and help organise the huge event.
School bursar Diane Hayward said a good time was had by all.
You may also want to watch:
As she saw them returning to the classroom after a morning's exertion, she said: "They are all coming back to school exhausted!
"The younger pupils took part in dressing up races, and racing with a potato on a spoon.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
"The older ones did bicycle, obstacle races and all sorts."
The weather held fine and dry for the event although Mrs Hayward said it had been a bit chilly for the youngest pupils.