Can you spot yourself at Kesgrave’s Run or Cycle Challenge?
- Credit: Archant
Runners and cyclists took to the Speedway track at Foxhall Stadium at the weekend for an exciting new off-road challenge.
Almost 200 people took on the ROC Challenge at the home of the Ipswich Witches on Saturday - a double-header event involving both a cycling and a running time-trial.
Participants took on laps of a 3.5 mile course which wound its way through the local woodland areas as well as the legendary motor racing-track.
There was also a fun-run during the day, allowing youngsters to join the fun.
Events director Greg Cooper, said it could not have gone any better.
You may also want to watch:
"It was excellent, he said, "a really great event."
"We had almost 200 people take part and even more people waving and cheering them on.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 4 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 5 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 7 Two cars crash in Crown Street, Ipswich
- 8 Orwell Bridge safety concerns raised after 'worrying incidents'
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 Stage for Ed Sheeran's Portman Road performance being built
"When setting up the event, we couldn't believe there had never been a running event at the stadium before."
The challenge, organised by Run or Cycle events, looks to return to the stadium next year. An event is also planned at Christchurch Park in Ipswich next year in May.
For more information visit www.runorcycleevents.com