Hunt is on for the worst of the worse
So you think you're a good driver? Well, someone may be about to burst your bubble.People in Ipswich are being challenged to nominate drivers for the award no one wants to win – Britain's Worst Driver.
So you think you're a good driver?
Well, someone may be about to burst your bubble.
People in Ipswich are being challenged to nominate drivers for the award no one wants to win – Britain's Worst Driver.
Whether they pelt along at speed and barely keep control, dawdle on dual carriageways at 12mph or its just a mystery how they ever arrive anywhere in one piece – the programme makers want to hear about them.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being asked to nominate their friends, relatives or even themselves to take part in the second series of Channel 5's shameful driving programme.
But there will be a positive outcome for those dodgy drivers who end up taking part. Contestants will be moulded and transformed from a danger on the roads to model drivers with the help of motoring expert Quentin Wilson.
- 1 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 2 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 6 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 7 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 26 valuable coins you might have at home
- 10 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
They will also eventually have to compete in a mad knockout driving competition.
"Not only will the contestants on Britain's Worst Driver 2003 have a real laugh, they'll also learn new driving skills," said Quentin Wilson.
Programme producers say they can't find bad enough drivers in Ipswich, and challenge Evening Star readers to prove them wrong.
If you know anyone you'd rather not get in a car with, but still has a valid drivers licence, you can nominate them for the show by calling 090 133 22 555 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations should be made by May 12, 2003.
N What do you think? Are there any bad drivers in Ipswich? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk