Hunt on as man's face slashed
A HUNT is on for two teens who slashed a man across the face with a knife in the early hours of this morning.The 40-year-old victim had left a nearby pub when he was attacked in Ipswich's Victoria Street at around 12.
A HUNT is on for two teens who slashed a man across the face with a knife in the early hours of this morning.
The 40-year-old victim had left a nearby pub when he was attacked in Ipswich's Victoria Street at around 12.20am.
The Evening Star understands that the man has refused to supply police with descriptions of the pair and that both may have been known to him.
A pool of blood was left on the footpath outside flats in the street, where the incident took place.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to Ipswich hospital with facial injuries, which police describe as non-life threatening.
Residents today told of their shock at the attack.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
One woman, who did not want to be named, was still visibly shaken after rushing to the man's aid when she heard noises outside.
She said: “I ran out and saw him completely covered in blood.
“He was wearing a white shirt which had been turned totally red.
“I said 'oh my god, what's happened' and he all he told me was that he'd been hurt.
“It frightened the hell out of me.”
Another neighbour said he heard banging and looked out of his window to see a stocky man standing in the street, apparently looking for somebody.
He said: “I heard a bang and saw a man standing there. It looked like he was waiting for someone.
“Twenty minutes later, the police turned up.
“This kind of thing is always happening around here. There was another stabbing about six or seven months ago.”
Police today appealed for witnesses to contact the force.
Those with information should call 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
How can the authorities clamp down on knife crime? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org