Husband charged with murdering wife
The husband of a missing woman has been charged with her murder.
Nicky Ward, 28, of Chapel Road, Rockland St Peter, near Attleborough, Norfolk, is accused of the murder of 22-year-old Emma Ward who disappeared without trace nearly two months ago.
Police say the main focus of their inquiry is still to find find out exactly what has happened to her, but Detective Chief Inspector Neil Luckett said: “We believe Emma has come to serious harm and is sadly no longer alive.”
Mrs Ward’s family have been notified of the developments.
Her husband had been re-arrested on Friday after police said new information had come to light.
Officers are still keen to hear from anyone who may have seen Mrs Ward since late March or early April or from anyone with information about her current whereabouts.
Only last Thursday her parents, David and Elaine Noonan issued an emotional open letter to her urging her to come home.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 4 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 5 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Driver fined £100 after accidentally entering wrong date on car park app
- 8 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 9 Court orders Ipswich drug dealer to repay £63,000
- 10 Talented young DJ collaborates with Ipswich cocktail bar after debut in London nightclub
More than 20 officers from Norfolk and Suffolk major investigation team have been carrying out inquiries.