Husband charged with murdering wife
The husband of a missing woman has been charged with her murder.
Nicky Ward, 28, of Chapel Road, Rockland St Peter, near Attleborough, Norfolk, is accused of the murder of 22-year-old Emma Ward who disappeared without trace nearly two months ago.
Police say the main focus of their inquiry is still to find find out exactly what has happened to her, but Detective Chief Inspector Neil Luckett said: “We believe Emma has come to serious harm and is sadly no longer alive.”
Mrs Ward’s family have been notified of the developments.
Her husband had been re-arrested on Friday after police said new information had come to light.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are still keen to hear from anyone who may have seen Mrs Ward since late March or early April or from anyone with information about her current whereabouts.
Only last Thursday her parents, David and Elaine Noonan issued an emotional open letter to her urging her to come home.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
More than 20 officers from Norfolk and Suffolk major investigation team have been carrying out inquiries.