I can't take any more abuse at court
MONTHS of frustration working in the criminal justice system has driven a security guard from his job.Outspoken Mike Smith has reached the end of his tether after witnessing countless yobs avoiding prison sentences. AN EVENING STAR EXCLUSIVE
By Tracey Sparling
MONTHS of frustration working in the criminal justice system has driven a security guard from his job.
Outspoken Mike Smith has witnessed countless yobs avoiding prison sentences.
He got so fed up trying to hold his temper and bite his tongue when he and other staff were threatened, shouted and spat at on the reception desk at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich, that he has now left his job.
You may also want to watch:
He is not afraid to speak out publicly to tell of his bitterness about the way young offenders are set free to repeatedly re-offend.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 2 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 3 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 8 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 9 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 10 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident