I can't take any more abuse at court
MONTHS of frustration working in the criminal justice system has driven a security guard from his job.Outspoken Mike Smith has reached the end of his tether after witnessing countless yobs avoiding prison sentences. AN EVENING STAR EXCLUSIVE
By Tracey Sparling
MONTHS of frustration working in the criminal justice system has driven a security guard from his job.
Outspoken Mike Smith has witnessed countless yobs avoiding prison sentences.
He got so fed up trying to hold his temper and bite his tongue when he and other staff were threatened, shouted and spat at on the reception desk at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich, that he has now left his job.
You may also want to watch:
He is not afraid to speak out publicly to tell of his bitterness about the way young offenders are set free to repeatedly re-offend.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 5 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend