I can't take any more abuse at court
MONTHS of frustration working in the criminal justice system has driven a security guard from his job.Outspoken Mike Smith has reached the end of his tether after witnessing countless yobs avoiding prison sentences. AN EVENING STAR EXCLUSIVE
By Tracey Sparling
MONTHS of frustration working in the criminal justice system has driven a security guard from his job.
Outspoken Mike Smith has witnessed countless yobs avoiding prison sentences.
He got so fed up trying to hold his temper and bite his tongue when he and other staff were threatened, shouted and spat at on the reception desk at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich, that he has now left his job.
He is not afraid to speak out publicly to tell of his bitterness about the way young offenders are set free to repeatedly re-offend.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 7 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut