'I thee web' say internet couple
A TOWN councillor who met his wife through an internet site has married at Woodbridge's Shire Hall.Widower Ray Davis, 62, of Woodbridge, and Mary Byars, 65, of Texas, became known as the ''cyber couple'' after striking up a friendship while 4,000 miles apart.
A TOWN councillor who met his wife through an internet site has married at Woodbridge's Shire Hall.
Widower Ray Davis, 62, of Woodbridge, and Mary Byars, 65, of Texas, became known as the ''cyber couple'' after striking up a friendship while 4,000 miles apart.
They first made a connection through their computers last August. When Mrs Byars made a trip to Suffolk to visit a friend she met up with Mr Davis, a semi-retired psychiatric nurse, and they found ''they were made for each other.''
The website they used was Makefriendsonline.com and the wedding guests included friends the couple had made through the website but not met.
The couple will have a narrowboat honeymoon and a formal wedding in Texas next year.
- 1 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 2 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 3 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 6 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 7 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 8 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan