'I thee web' say internet couple
A TOWN councillor who met his wife through an internet site has married at Woodbridge's Shire Hall.Widower Ray Davis, 62, of Woodbridge, and Mary Byars, 65, of Texas, became known as the ''cyber couple'' after striking up a friendship while 4,000 miles apart.
A TOWN councillor who met his wife through an internet site has married at Woodbridge's Shire Hall.
Widower Ray Davis, 62, of Woodbridge, and Mary Byars, 65, of Texas, became known as the ''cyber couple'' after striking up a friendship while 4,000 miles apart.
They first made a connection through their computers last August. When Mrs Byars made a trip to Suffolk to visit a friend she met up with Mr Davis, a semi-retired psychiatric nurse, and they found ''they were made for each other.''
The website they used was Makefriendsonline.com and the wedding guests included friends the couple had made through the website but not met.
You may also want to watch:
The couple will have a narrowboat honeymoon and a formal wedding in Texas next year.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 9 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
- 10 150 new council homes get go-ahead in Ipswich