I was fooled by smiling rapist
HOODWINKED by Selwyn Duberry's smile, an Ipswich woman today told how she had no idea her former boyfriend was a paedophile.Duberry admitted raping two teenage virgins – attacking one girl twice – and was jailed for six years.
By Tracey Sparling
HOODWINKED by Selwyn Duberry's smile, an Ipswich woman today told how she had no idea her former boyfriend was a paedophile.
Duberry admitted raping two teenage virgins – attacking one girl twice – and was jailed for six years.
The 38-year-old, of Poppy Close, Ipswich, is the brother of Damian Duberry, who was jailed for life for the murder of Stoke Park barmaid Janet Fleming in December 2000.
You may also want to watch:
Selwyn Duberry's former girlfriend, who is today calling for public access to paedophile records, said: "Everybody knew him, nobody could say they didn't like him. Everybody said he was a lovely man. He always had a smile.
"I thought I knew him, but Selwyn had such a dark side – this life of his existed in a different world. That man is nobody I know."
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 7 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 8 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 9 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 10 New special school planned for former BT site
FULL SHOCKING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR