I was fooled by smiling rapist
HOODWINKED by Selwyn Duberry's smile, an Ipswich woman today told how she had no idea her former boyfriend was a paedophile.Duberry admitted raping two teenage virgins – attacking one girl twice – and was jailed for six years.
By Tracey Sparling
HOODWINKED by Selwyn Duberry's smile, an Ipswich woman today told how she had no idea her former boyfriend was a paedophile.
Duberry admitted raping two teenage virgins – attacking one girl twice – and was jailed for six years.
The 38-year-old, of Poppy Close, Ipswich, is the brother of Damian Duberry, who was jailed for life for the murder of Stoke Park barmaid Janet Fleming in December 2000.
Selwyn Duberry's former girlfriend, who is today calling for public access to paedophile records, said: "Everybody knew him, nobody could say they didn't like him. Everybody said he was a lovely man. He always had a smile.
"I thought I knew him, but Selwyn had such a dark side – this life of his existed in a different world. That man is nobody I know."
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
FULL SHOCKING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR