I was fooled by smiling rapist
HOODWINKED by Selwyn Duberry's smile, an Ipswich woman today told how she had no idea her former boyfriend was a paedophile.Duberry admitted raping two teenage virgins – attacking one girl twice – and was jailed for six years.
By Tracey Sparling
HOODWINKED by Selwyn Duberry's smile, an Ipswich woman today told how she had no idea her former boyfriend was a paedophile.
Duberry admitted raping two teenage virgins – attacking one girl twice – and was jailed for six years.
The 38-year-old, of Poppy Close, Ipswich, is the brother of Damian Duberry, who was jailed for life for the murder of Stoke Park barmaid Janet Fleming in December 2000.
You may also want to watch:
Selwyn Duberry's former girlfriend, who is today calling for public access to paedophile records, said: "Everybody knew him, nobody could say they didn't like him. Everybody said he was a lovely man. He always had a smile.
"I thought I knew him, but Selwyn had such a dark side – this life of his existed in a different world. That man is nobody I know."
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Plans to turn Ipswich office into housing resubmitted with fewer flats
- 5 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 6 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 7 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 'A great shame' - Portman Road won't host county cup finals due to pitch renovations
FULL SHOCKING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR