Ice cold prize for Ipswich man
LUCKY game show winner Andrew Parmenter has been lapping it up in luxury at top locations around the world.The former Westbourne High pupil's last port of call was Sweden where he didn't have to lift a finger to get ice for his drinks (literally) – he was sitting on a block of it.
By Amanda Cresswell
LUCKY game show winner Andrew Parmenter has been lapping it up in luxury at top locations around the world.
The former Westbourne High pupil's last port of call was Sweden where he didn't have to lift a finger to get ice for his drinks (literally) – he was sitting on a block of it.
Andrew, 28, and girlfriend Leisa Gunn, 33, swapped their winter woollies for their swimsuits after winning another round of BBC television's live quiz show National Lottery Jet Set.
Their success on Saturday's show meant they left The Ice Hotel behind them and jetted off for a week in Costa Rica.
Andrew's mother Rita Devonshire, of Sheldrake Drive, has been keeping up to date with the pair's progress over the past three weeks.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 5 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 6 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 7 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
"They didn't get much sleep in The Ice Hotel because it was so cold. The whole experience has been really exciting for them and I hope they keep going round the world. It is amazing that they have kept going for as long as they have. "
Andrew and Leisa first visited Melbourne, Australia, with the jet set before they were packed off for a week Sweden.
On Sunday morning the pair left the airport in Stockholm to fly to Costa Rica where they will visit the rain forest and enjoy luxury accommodation.
To find out what they have been doing tune into BBC1 tonight at 8.45pm.
You can see them again on BBC1 at 7.35pm on Saturday to find out if they carry on to the next destination.
The show, hosted by Eamonn Holmes, is based on general knowledge and incorporates numbers from the national lottery draw.
Contestants compete to play head to head with the winner from the previous week.
If the studio contestant wins, they are jetted off to the next luxury destination with a friend for the week. The previous week's winner is taken to the airport and packed off home.