ICI job cuts to hit Suffolk
JOBS are set to go at Stowmarket's ICI paint plant as part of a worldwide restructuring of the business.The multi-national company is set to lose 700 jobs across the world as part of its restructuring.
JOBS are set to go at Stowmarket's ICI paint plant as part of a worldwide restructuring of the business.
The multi-national company is set to lose 700 jobs across the world as part of its restructuring.
About 460 of these will be in its paint division, with half the losses in Britain. ICI has three paint plants across the country – at Stowmarket, Hull and Slough.
A spokesman for the company said it was too early to say how the Stowmarket plant – which currently employs 95 people – would be affected.
You may also want to watch:
However he said if their were any job losses the company would seek to implement them by voluntary redundancy or early retirement packages – although compulsory job losses could not be ruled out.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 7 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 10 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard