Icy blast threatens heavy snow and flood
SUFFOLK is bracing itself today for Arctic winds, heavy snow showers and high tides due to hit this weekend.The Met Office this afternoon issued a severe weather warning, predicting at least a 50 per cent chance of a heavy snowfall.
SUFFOLK is bracing itself today for Arctic winds, heavy snow showers and high tides due to hit this weekend.
The Met Office this afternoon issued a severe weather warning, predicting at least a 50 per cent chance of a heavy snowfall.
The weather could provide a festive feel in the run-up to Christmas, but safety watchdogs and health experts are advising people to take care.
According to the Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Strategic Health Authority more people could die from the cold in East Anglia than in Finland this Christmas as temperatures plummet.
You may also want to watch:
Tony Jewell, director of public health, said: "We tend to be complacent about cold weather in this
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 9 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
FULL CHILLING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR