Identity of killer teenager revealed
THE identity of a teenager who killed a former Essex schoolgirl has today been revealed for the first time.
THE identity of a killer teenager has today been revealed.
Hermanus Theodorus Kriel, 16, of Kerikeri, in New Zealand, has been named as the killer of former Essex schoolgirl Liberty Templeman.
The boy, known as Theo, was just 14, when he attacked the then 15-year-old, known to friends as Libby.
He strangled her before dragging her unconscious, leaving her face down in a stream to drown on November 1, 2008. Details of the 6ft 3in teenager had previously been kept from the public because of his age.
Libby moved to New Zealand with her parents, Andrew and Rebecca Templeman, for a better life.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 3 Ipswich family's visa nightmare leaves them fearing separation
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Suffolk DJ 'couldn't believe' call to perform before Diana Ross
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Ipswich Microshops celebrate 'whirlwind' of a first year
- 8 5 of the highest paid jobs in Suffolk right now
- 9 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 10 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
She previously attended Colne Community School in Brightlingsea, Essex. She went missing in November 2008 and her body was later found in a stream in Kerikeri.
Kriel was found guilty of the murder by an 11-1 majority yesterday. He will be sentenced in March.