Indecent assault trial halted
OAP John Moore's indecent assault trial was adjourned today while the 67-year-old Ipswich man underwent medical tests.Moore, who is accused of a sex attack on a 14-year-old girl, was seen by a doctor yesterday after he appeared unwell and he was today undergoing blood tests in hospital.
OAP John Moore's indecent assault trial was adjourned today while the 67-year-old Ipswich man underwent medical tests.
Moore, who is accused of a sex attack on a 14-year-old girl, was seen by a doctor yesterday after he appeared unwell and he was today undergoing blood tests in hospital.
Judge John Holt sent the jury in the trial home for the day and asked them to return to court at 10am tomorrow.
He said the results of Moore's blood tests will be known later this afternoon and depending on the results, he would either be discharged from hospital or kept in.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Holt said he may have to stop the trial if the defendant's doctor does not think Moore is well enough to stand trial.
Yesterday it was alleged that Moore of Swallow Road, Ipswich, had put his tongue in the 14-year-old girl's mouth and kissed her chest.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 7 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 8 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
Moore has denied one offence of indecent assault.
After his arrest he denied the allegations made by the girl.