Infected rice leaves dozens ill

A TODDLER was hospitalised in a mass outbreak of food poisoning from infected egg fried rice.The two-year-old was among at least 28 people who suffered salmonella after eating food prepared at Peach Power Restaurant in Wickham Market, a court heard.

By Amanda Cresswell

A TODDLER was hospitalised in a mass outbreak of food poisoning from infected egg fried rice.

The two-year-old was among at least 28 people who suffered salmonella after eating food prepared at Peach Power Restaurant in Wickham Market, a court heard.

Now owner Hung Tat Chung is facing jail after admitting selling food unfit for human consumption because it was contaminated by salmonella.


You may also want to watch:


For the full story see Tuesday's Evening Star.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus