Inmates escape open prison
TWO inmates have absconded from Hollesley Bay open unit police confirmed today.The first, Dave Wellesly O'Connor, 36, left the prison on Saturday morning and was due back at the prison at 7.
TWO inmates have absconded from Hollesley Bay open unit police confirmed today.
The first, Dave Wellesly O'Connor, 36, left the prison on Saturday morning and was due back at the prison at 7.30pm.
He failed to return.
He is described as black, 5ft 6in tall, of medium build with black hair and brown eyes.
You may also want to watch:
He has connections to north London.
The second man, Ian Cooper, 31, was reported missing at shortly before 7pm yesterday .
- 1 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 2 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 5 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 7 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
He was released on licence to transfer himself by train to Ford open prison in Kent but he failed to arrive as scheduled.
He is described as white, 5ft 8in tall, of muscular build, with brown hair, green eyes, a scar on his nose and tattoos on both arms.
He has connections to Dagenham in Essex.
Police are advising anyone who has seen either O'Connor or Cooper not to approach them but to alert officers immediately using 999.
These two latest absconders make a total of 11 prisoners since April to have gone missing.
Anyone with any information about their whereabouts should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or their local police sation.
Prison "not a holiday camp" – see page 27.