Inmates escape open prison
TWO inmates have absconded from Hollesley Bay open unit police confirmed today.The first, Dave Wellesly O'Connor, 36, left the prison on Saturday morning and was due back at the prison at 7.
TWO inmates have absconded from Hollesley Bay open unit police confirmed today.
The first, Dave Wellesly O'Connor, 36, left the prison on Saturday morning and was due back at the prison at 7.30pm.
He failed to return.
He is described as black, 5ft 6in tall, of medium build with black hair and brown eyes.
He has connections to north London.
The second man, Ian Cooper, 31, was reported missing at shortly before 7pm yesterday .
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
He was released on licence to transfer himself by train to Ford open prison in Kent but he failed to arrive as scheduled.
He is described as white, 5ft 8in tall, of muscular build, with brown hair, green eyes, a scar on his nose and tattoos on both arms.
He has connections to Dagenham in Essex.
Police are advising anyone who has seen either O'Connor or Cooper not to approach them but to alert officers immediately using 999.
These two latest absconders make a total of 11 prisoners since April to have gone missing.
Anyone with any information about their whereabouts should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or their local police sation.
Prison "not a holiday camp" – see page 27.