Inmates escape open prison
TWO inmates have absconded from Hollesley Bay open unit police confirmed today.The first, Dave Wellesly O'Connor, 36, left the prison on Saturday morning and was due back at the prison at 7.
TWO inmates have absconded from Hollesley Bay open unit police confirmed today.
The first, Dave Wellesly O'Connor, 36, left the prison on Saturday morning and was due back at the prison at 7.30pm.
He failed to return.
He is described as black, 5ft 6in tall, of medium build with black hair and brown eyes.
He has connections to north London.
The second man, Ian Cooper, 31, was reported missing at shortly before 7pm yesterday .
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 7 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 8 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
He was released on licence to transfer himself by train to Ford open prison in Kent but he failed to arrive as scheduled.
He is described as white, 5ft 8in tall, of muscular build, with brown hair, green eyes, a scar on his nose and tattoos on both arms.
He has connections to Dagenham in Essex.
Police are advising anyone who has seen either O'Connor or Cooper not to approach them but to alert officers immediately using 999.
These two latest absconders make a total of 11 prisoners since April to have gone missing.
Anyone with any information about their whereabouts should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or their local police sation.
Prison "not a holiday camp" – see page 27.