Inquest into death of Megan Haggar, 17, adjourned
- Credit: SUPPLIED BY FAMILY
An inquest into the death of an Ipswich teenager has been adjourned for a second time to allow for more evidence to be gathered.
Megan Younger-Watson, 17, also known as Megan Haggar, died at her home in Ipswich on February 16 last year, Suffolk Coroner’s Court heard on Friday.
The ambulance service called Suffolk police to the address over fears that Ms Younger-Watson was self-harming.
Officers arrived to discover Ms Younger-Watson, a performing arts student at Suffolk New College, had died.
An inquest into Ms Younger-Watson’s death was opened in May, but was adjourned so further evidence could be gathered.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest has now been adjourned again, this time until February 21 next year.
Following her death, Ms Younger-Watson’s mother Natasha described her daughter as “so beautiful, inside and out” and “one of the most wonderful, bubbliest, happiest people you’d ever meet”.
- 1 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 2 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 3 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 4 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 5 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 6 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 8 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
- 9 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 10 'Striking' Ipswich town centre office block on sale for £3million