Inquest opened into murdered club-goer
A SECOND post mortem is being carried out today into the death of a 24-year-old clubber who was shot and killed in Ipswich.An inquest was opened and adjourned into the death of Jimoh Plunkett, of South London, who was found dead outside Zest nightclub, in Princes Street, in the early hours of December 9.
A SECOND post mortem was due to be carried out today into the death of a 24-year-old clubber who was shot and killed in Ipswich recently.
An inquest was opened and adjourned into the death of Jimoh Plunkett, of South London, who was found dead outside Zest nightclub, in Princes Street, in the early hours of December 9.
A police officer who attended the inquest at Suffolk County Council offices, in Russell Road, today confirmed that 700 people, including staff from the club, will be spoken to about the incident over the course of the investigation.
Detective inspector David Dring, said: “He (Jimoh) was identified to us by his brother, Lawrence Matters. Three other males received gun shot injuries and a further man was shot.
“The investigation is a complex one and will involve speaking to 700 people, many of which are from London.”
Mr Plunkett was found lying outside the club at 2.15am and was taken to Ipswich Hospital but pronounced dead at 4.10am.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
Police at first believed Mr Plunkett had been stabbed to death but the post mortem revealed he had been shot by a small calibre gun.
A 25-year-old man from the Carshalton area of Surrey was admitted to Ipswich Hospital at 2.40am with gunshot wounds to his shoulder backside and legs.
An 18-year-old from Deptford was shot in the leg and a 19-year-old from Stanway was shot in his arm.
The inquest will be re-opened at a later date.