Inquest to be held after man drowns
A MAN discovered dead in a Suffolk river at the weekend drowned, police have confirmed.The body of the 41-year-old, who has not yet been named, was found by a bridge in the quiet village of Brantham on Sunday morning.
A MAN discovered dead in a Suffolk river at the weekend drowned, police have revealed.
The body of the 41-year-old, who has not yet been named, was found by a bridge in the quiet village of Brantham on Sunday morning.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed a post mortem examination had initially determined cause of death to be drowning.
She said that the death was not being treated as suspicious at this time but that police were continuing to carry out enquiries to assist the coroner.
An inquest is expected to be held in due course.
Dense green algae covered most of the water where the body was found.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 10 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
Anyone able to help police with their enquiries is asked to call Detective Inspector Alan Seaman on 01473 613500.