Installation of two new dog waste bins in Belstead Brook Park a ‘joint effort’
Two new bins have been installed for dog-walkers in Belstead Brook Park after bags of waste were seen piled up in areas of the 250 acre green space.
The bins were supplied and installed by The Greenways Project, which helps maintain the park along with the Friends of Belstead Brook Park.
Greenways project manager, James Baker has lauded the outcome as a “joint effort” and “the very spirit of partnership”.
The decision was agreed following a meeting between Pinewood Parish Council, Babergh District Council, the bin emptying contractor and Greenways.
The two bins were put up by Greenways volunteers two weeks ago, one at the Bobbits Lane car park and another at the entrance to Kiln Meadow Local Nature Reserve on Marbled White Drive.
You may also want to watch:
The new facilities join the two existing dog waste bins that are placed at Burnett Meadow and the junction of Bobbits Lane and Ellenbrook Road.
Mr Baker said that there had been a “clear demand” for extra bins in the area, due to the build up of bagged waste and mess in the surrounding park.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
He added: “Hopefully now with these new bins those few dog owners who do not clear up will have no excuse.”
Belstead Brook Park includes Spring Wood, Millennium Wood, Kiln Meadow, Bobbits Lane Meadows, Bourne Park Reedbeds, Bourne Park and Belstead Meadows.