Investigation into suspicious death
POLICE have launched an investigation after the mysterious death of a 54-year-old man in Ipswich.Police officers sealed off Canham Street, which is near the town's Portman Road football ground, to allow scene of crime officers to investigate.
POLICE have launched an investigation after the mysterious death of a 54-year-old man in Ipswich.
Police officers sealed off Canham Street, which is near the town's Portman Road football ground, to allow scene of crime officers to investigate.
The man, who has not been named by police, was discovered by a health worker at a house in Canham Street just after 4pm yesterday.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman said that officers were treating the death as 'unexplained' and have yet to establish how the man died.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman added: "The coroner has been informed and a post mortem will be conducted by a Home Office pathologist at a time and date yet to be ascertained.
"Canham Street will remain cordoned off while scene of crime officers carry out an initial investigation."
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
- 10 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
The police spokeswoman added that the man's identity would not be released until all next of kin had been informed.