Investigation launched after man suffers cuts in Ipswich assault
- Credit: PA
Police are investigating reports a man was assaulted in Ipswich town centre which left him with cuts to his back and head.
Officers were called to an address in Foundation Street at around 1.50pm today to reports the victim, believed to be in his 50s, had been hurt.
He was taken to hospital for treatment – but police believe his injuries are not serious.
A force spokeswoman said: “Police were called today at around 1.50pm to reports that a man had been assaulted at an address in Foundation Street in the town.
“The man, thought to be in his fifties, is understood to have sustained cuts to his back and his head.
“The victim has been taken to hospital for treatment but his injuries are not believed to be serious.”
A cordon is up outside the address while detectives work to establish what happened.
- 1 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 6 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
Witnesses and anyone with information should call South CID on 101 quoting incident number CAD 203 of today.
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.