Investigation launched after man suffers cuts in Ipswich assault
- Credit: PA
Police are investigating reports a man was assaulted in Ipswich town centre which left him with cuts to his back and head.
Officers were called to an address in Foundation Street at around 1.50pm today to reports the victim, believed to be in his 50s, had been hurt.
He was taken to hospital for treatment – but police believe his injuries are not serious.
A force spokeswoman said: “Police were called today at around 1.50pm to reports that a man had been assaulted at an address in Foundation Street in the town.
“The man, thought to be in his fifties, is understood to have sustained cuts to his back and his head.
You may also want to watch:
“The victim has been taken to hospital for treatment but his injuries are not believed to be serious.”
A cordon is up outside the address while detectives work to establish what happened.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
Witnesses and anyone with information should call South CID on 101 quoting incident number CAD 203 of today.
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.