Investigations continue into murder
INVESTIGATIONS are today still under way into the murder of a man at a house in Ipswich.As reported in yesterday's The Evening Star, police were called to Salisbury Road following reports that a man had been stabbed several times.
INVESTIGATIONS are today still under way into the murder of a man at a house in Ipswich.
As reported in yesterday's The Evening Star, police were called to Salisbury Road following reports that a man had been stabbed several times.
It is thought that the 36-year-old man was already dead by the time the ambulance arrived.
Police have not yet released the man's name, but formal identification was expected to be taking place later today.
A 25-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman, who were yesterday arrested on suspicion of murder, are today still in custody at Ipswich police station.
An extension was granted to enable officers to continue questioning them for a further 12 hours.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 8 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 9 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
A 36-year-old woman also arrested yesterday has now been released on police bail, due to return to Ipswich police station on August 25.
Police were still guarding the house today and a white tent still stood at the entrance.
Many of those from Salisbury Road had only found out what had happened when they had got to work yesterday morning.
Hannah Taylor of the road said: "I saw a white tent up outside the house when I left for work but it wasn't until I got there that I found out what had happened. I did hear loud voices at about 3am but the people didn't sound distressed so I just got up and shut the window. It wasn't until I heard about what happened that I thought any more about it. I have lived here for two and a half years and it's always a quiet street. This has certainly been very shocking."
Another resident, Rachel Bloomfield said: "I had people phoning me to see if I was all right. They had heard there had been a murder in the street and wanted to know if I was ok. You don't expect this sort of thing to happen in your street, so it's very shocking."
Julie Richard, owner of the nearby pub The Royal Oak, said: "I did see a lot of police going past last night, but I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the murder. I think this is a safe area so it is quite scary to hear the news today. I did a review of the pub before I bought it in April and police told me it was a safe area. This makes it all the more shocking."