Investigators probe teen tragedy crash
CRASH investigators were today probing the cause of a three-car collision near Ipswich which left a teenage girl dead and two others injured.The 18-year-old, who police today said was from the Ipswich area, died as a result of the accident on Foxhall Road, Brightwell, shortly after 8pm yesterday.
CRASH investigators were today probing the cause of a three-car collision near Ipswich which left a teenage girl dead and two others injured.
The 18-year-old, who police today said was from the Ipswich area, died as a result of the accident on Foxhall Road, Brightwell, shortly after 8pm yesterday.
Her family now face the ordeal of formally identifying her body, which was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The tragedy, which happened near the Foxhall waste and recycling centre on a stretch of road which has become a notorious stretch for accidents, also saw two other people cut from their cars by firefighters and taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The 18-year-old victim was a passenger in a black Renault Clio which collided with a black VW Golf and grey VW Golf.
The 18-year-old girl driver of the Clio and the 53-year-old man driving the black VW Golf were both taken to heath Road hospital in Ipswich.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 5 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 6 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 9 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 10 Major road into Ipswich partially blocked after three-vehicle crash
Suffolk police spokeswoman Kate Tindle today said they were both seriously hurt in the crash, however their conditions were not thought to be life-threatening.
She declined to say whether the cars had hit each other head-on, but did appeal for any witnesses to the lead-up to the crash or the accident itself to contact police.
The road was closed for six-and-a-half hours between the junction with the A12 and Dobbs Lane while crash investigations were carried out. Debris remained at the site today.
Police crash investigators said they were keen to hear from anyone with information about the accident.
Today emergency services also attended two other crashes in Suffolk.
Firefighters went to the B1118 in Stradbroke where a one-vehicle crash had taken place and released one person from the vehicle at about midnight.
Later a woman was taken to hospital with serious injuries following a one-vehicle crash in Aveley Lane, Shimpling, which happened just after 5.10am today.
Anyone with information about the Foxhall Road crash should call Pc Ben Coombes at Suffolk police's force headquarters roads policing unit on 01473 613500.
Did you see the crash in Foxhall Road? Contact The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.