Love notes from 1940s on list of bizarre items left at Ipswich hotel
- Credit: Archant
A framed photo of the royal wedding, a barrister’s gown and wig and a box full of love notes dating back to the 1940s are among unusual treasures left behind at an Ipswich hotel chain.
A framed photograph of the royal wedding, a barrister’s gown and wig and a 7ft grandfather clock are also on a list of bizarre items forgotten by guests at Travelodge.
Another find recovered from their Ipswich lost property office was a vintage Hermes bag.
Elsewhere, a pet owner forgot her blue-eyed cockatoo called Brexit, and a cat enthusiast left her two Persians – called Moet and Chandon – behind after they scooped best in show.
“We do get a range of fascinating items left behind,” said the hotel chain’s spokeswoman Shakila Ahmed.
You may also want to watch:
“This year’s audit includes a brand new ice cream van, a jilted groom, a 5ft teddy bear made of popcorn, a blue-eyed cockatoo named Brexit and even a replica of Meghan Markle’s wedding dress.”
Other strange items on the list, from 2018, included a glass eye and mobile cocktail bar.
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 4 Did you get in the groove at Harry Palmers club nights back in 2003?
- 5 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 6 Ipswich council house rent increase agreed - here's how much your bill will increase
- 7 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 8 Tributes to grandmother who helped 'countless' people find work
- 9 Missing boy Emilio, 15, found after rescue teams join search
- 10 Calls to bring back queuing outside supermarkets amid rise in Covid cases
A 5ft handmade chocolate Easter bunny and a technicolour dream coat were also discovered, much to the surprise of staff.
All items left behind at Travelodge hotels are donated to British Heart Foundation charity shops if they are not claimed within three months.
Are you missing your wig or love notes after a stay at Ipswich Travelodge?
Let us know via email or in the comments below.