Love notes from 1940s on list of bizarre items left at Ipswich hotel
- Credit: Archant
A framed photo of the royal wedding, a barrister’s gown and wig and a box full of love notes dating back to the 1940s are among unusual treasures left behind at an Ipswich hotel chain.
A framed photograph of the royal wedding, a barrister’s gown and wig and a 7ft grandfather clock are also on a list of bizarre items forgotten by guests at Travelodge.
Another find recovered from their Ipswich lost property office was a vintage Hermes bag.
Elsewhere, a pet owner forgot her blue-eyed cockatoo called Brexit, and a cat enthusiast left her two Persians – called Moet and Chandon – behind after they scooped best in show.
“We do get a range of fascinating items left behind,” said the hotel chain’s spokeswoman Shakila Ahmed.
You may also want to watch:
“This year’s audit includes a brand new ice cream van, a jilted groom, a 5ft teddy bear made of popcorn, a blue-eyed cockatoo named Brexit and even a replica of Meghan Markle’s wedding dress.”
Other strange items on the list, from 2018, included a glass eye and mobile cocktail bar.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
A 5ft handmade chocolate Easter bunny and a technicolour dream coat were also discovered, much to the surprise of staff.
All items left behind at Travelodge hotels are donated to British Heart Foundation charity shops if they are not claimed within three months.
Are you missing your wig or love notes after a stay at Ipswich Travelodge?
Let us know via email or in the comments below.