Ipswich: A love match for diamond couple
- Credit: Archant
SIXTY years later and John and Patricia Diaper are still enjoying wedded bliss.
The couple, of Surbiton Road, Ipswich, will celebrate their diamond wedding on March 28.
Love blossomed for the pair across the tennis net in 1952 and they were married just a year later at All Saints Church.
Mrs Diaper, 83, who was born in Australia, said the key to a happy marriage was to enjoy each other.
Daughter June Stockdale added: “I have never seen my parents argue.
You may also want to watch:
“The only time you might have guessed they had bickered was if mum banged the saucepans loudly.
“The only thing they disagree on is the Ashes because mum supports Australia and dad backs England.”
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
The occasion is all the more special as four of 87-year-old Mr Diaper’s brothers and his parents also reached 60 years of marriage.
The couple will be celebrating their anniversary with their family and friends at a party in Felixstowe.