Ipswich: A love match for diamond couple
- Credit: Archant
SIXTY years later and John and Patricia Diaper are still enjoying wedded bliss.
The couple, of Surbiton Road, Ipswich, will celebrate their diamond wedding on March 28.
Love blossomed for the pair across the tennis net in 1952 and they were married just a year later at All Saints Church.
Mrs Diaper, 83, who was born in Australia, said the key to a happy marriage was to enjoy each other.
Daughter June Stockdale added: “I have never seen my parents argue.
“The only time you might have guessed they had bickered was if mum banged the saucepans loudly.
“The only thing they disagree on is the Ashes because mum supports Australia and dad backs England.”
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 6 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 7 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 8 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
The occasion is all the more special as four of 87-year-old Mr Diaper’s brothers and his parents also reached 60 years of marriage.
The couple will be celebrating their anniversary with their family and friends at a party in Felixstowe.