Ipswich: Action taken to evict travellers from Gippeswyck and Holywells Parks
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Groups of travellers have been evicted from two parks in Ipswich.
The travellers were seen in Gippeswyck and Holywells Park.
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said earlier that they were “taking all necessary legal steps to protect its land and to evict those trespassing on it,” adding: “We are working with the police, the court, court bailiffs and Suffolk County Council to take all necessary steps regarding the small groups of travellers at Gippeswyck and Holywells parks.”
Following the eviction, the spokesman said: “Ipswich Borough Council, Suffolk County Council and the County Court bailiffs have been working together to enforce an eviction notice on travellers camped illegally at Gippeswyk Park and to begin legal proceedings to evict a group from Holywells Park, and have been on close liaison with Suffolk police throughout.
“We can report that the encampments at both parks have now ended and the travellers have left.
You may also want to watch:
“The council hopes both parks will return to normal by the end of today.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am