Ipswich: Acts prepare for talent show final
Excitement is building today as some of the town’s best performers prepare to show off their skills at the grand final of Ipswich Has Got Talent.
A variety of acts will take to the stage for the glittering event at the Regent Theatre on Saturday including musicians, dancers and acrobats.
Among the acts at the final will be a 100-piece choir Funky Voices and Suffolk One Students Liam Stewart, 16, a rapper and 17-year-old singer Jonathan Skeats.
Jonathan said: “Ed Sheeran has proved that people who live in Suffolk can make a massive impact on the music world. I’m really excited and hope to win. I won’t be used to playing in front of an audience of this size, but I’m ready for it.”
Ipswich Has Got Talent is a night-time economy-focused event run by the Ipswich Community Safety Partnership and promotes a safe fun night out for all.
Tickets are still available for the event on Saturday and can be purchased through the Regent Theatre box office.
To book a place, please call 01473 433100 or visit www.ipswichregent.com
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 10 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
? What do you think about the competition? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to starletters @archant.co.uk