Ipswich: Acts ready to show they have got talent
IPSWICH: Rehearsals are today under way and the cream of the town’s talent are polishing off their acts and putting the final touches to their performances in time for a highly-anticipated contest.
The final of this year’s Ipswich’s Got Talent competition is just around the corner, with the first rehearsals having already taken place.
Show organisers Lorraine Arthur and Kevin Smith said they were “delighted” with the level of talent which will thrill crowds at the final on Saturday, December 3, 2011 at the Regent theatre.
“The standard of talent this year has surpassed our expectations,” they said.
“Acts are working really hard to perfect their performances for the final and we’re both really looking forward to showcasing that Ipswich, again, has talent.”
You may also want to watch:
Now in its third year, the glamorous event, run by the Ipswich Community Safety Partnership, has worked with Best Bar None accredited premises in Ipswich to uncover the highest quality talent.
As well as watching the finalists in action, last year’s winner Simon Chiverton will be performing at the final.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
Tickets are on sale now available from the Regent box office on 01473 433100.
n Have you got a special talent? Tell us about it – write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or, alternatively, e-mail eveningstarletters@evening star.co.uk