Ipswich artist The Decibel Kid to release second album Montag on Friday, June 16
- Credit: CONTRIBUTED
An Ipswich artist is releasing his second album of electronic music featuring vocal contributions from some of the region’s top singers and poets.
Montag, by The Decibel Kid, will go live on Friday, and there will be a free launch party at The Smokehouse in Ipswich from 8pm with a live performance of all ten tracks.
The CD comes with an eight-page booklet featuring analogue film photos taken by The Decibel Kid, real name Ric Hardacre, in Copenhagen, Sicily, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Ric spent a year collecting sounds for the record. There are contributions from Ipswich poet Jayd Amber Green, Essex boat builder Flavian Capes, Norfolk poet Piers Harrison-Reid and Suffolk’s Bessie Turner, who is playing Latitude festival.
“I think it’s the best thing I have done,” Ric said. “I don’t think it will be appearing in the charts but it’s got a good, solid sound to it.”
You may also want to watch:
By day Ric is a computer programmer, but he has always been passionate about music and in 2014 he released his first album, Move It In Sections.
He said: “It’s something I have stuck with throughout my whole life. If I haven’t been making music I have been DJing and seeking it out.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
Originally hailing from the Yorkshire Coast, Ric has lived in Ipswich for nine years and he has a wife and two children aged 10 and 12.
Montag will be available from most streaming sites and physical copies will be on sale at the launch party.