Ipswich: Aspiring singer from Ipswich, Ten Senah, wows judges during X Factor auditions
- Credit: Lucy taylor
An aspiring singing star from Ipswich today set out her intention to put her hometown on the map, after a successful audition in the room audition stage of this year’s X Factor.
Ten Senah wowed the judges in the Manchester auditions, which was aired at the weekend, as she performed her own original song, called 15 Minutes.
The 25-year-old former Northgate High School pupil has been singing since she was 17 and has released her own music through iTunes, but now she hopes more exposure will be a big boost to her career.
“The feedback has been really good and people have liked my original song,” she said.
“To go out there and do your own song and have the judges be so positive – that’s amazing.”
“I think X Factor for me is just the beginning. There is so much more work to be done, I can’t expect to go on a TV show and become an instant star.
“I want this to be that first step and everything else from this gets bigger and bigger.”
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 7 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 8 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
During her audition in front of Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Mel B and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, now known as Cheryl, Ten, of east Ipswich, admitted she had enjoyed Manchester’s nightlife and had not slept prior to her performance.
But after her audition, the quartet were full of praise for her singing talent and agreed for her to go through to the arena auditions.
Now she hopes the exposure will be a boost to Ipswich as well as herself.
She added: “There is so much talent in Ipswich. We are not given enough credit for how much talent we have got.
“Jade Peters going on The Voice, De’ Vide on The Voice and X Factor. We have so much talent and I am sure there are others too, but we just need to be put on the map.”