Hundreds reach for the stars - as Britain’s Got Talent auditions roll into Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds performed for a place on Britain’s Got Talent today as auditions for the hit ITV show came to Ipswich.
Scores of people waited nervously in the foyer of the Regent Theatre, eagerly waiting for their time to shine in front of the judges.
The auditions took place from 12pm to 4pm, with each act getting the opportunity to showcase their talents for a chance to star on the show.
A few guitar cases could be spotted amongst the crowd as well as a few theatre groups and dance acts.
But there was a general veil of secrecy over the auditions, the makers of the show now wanting to give the game away on who would be making the cut.
You may also want to watch:
Performers are keen to follow in the footsteps of Suffolk magician Matt Edwards, who fought his way to last year’s final.
If you missed the chance to audition, never fear - the BGT team will be at Copas Bar in Felixstowe on October 17 between 7pm and 11pm.
- 1 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 2 The Botanist looking for staff ahead of rumoured Ipswich opening
- 3 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 4 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 5 Bargain hunters queue through town for Debenhams sale
- 6 'Amazing response' as pictures of post box toppers reach America
- 7 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 8 Care home disappointed after 'significant concerns' spark inadequate rating
- 9 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 10 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark