Hundreds reach for the stars - as Britain’s Got Talent auditions roll into Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds performed for a place on Britain’s Got Talent today as auditions for the hit ITV show came to Ipswich.
Scores of people waited nervously in the foyer of the Regent Theatre, eagerly waiting for their time to shine in front of the judges.
The auditions took place from 12pm to 4pm, with each act getting the opportunity to showcase their talents for a chance to star on the show.
A few guitar cases could be spotted amongst the crowd as well as a few theatre groups and dance acts.
But there was a general veil of secrecy over the auditions, the makers of the show now wanting to give the game away on who would be making the cut.
Performers are keen to follow in the footsteps of Suffolk magician Matt Edwards, who fought his way to last year’s final.
If you missed the chance to audition, never fear - the BGT team will be at Copas Bar in Felixstowe on October 17 between 7pm and 11pm.
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 6 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 7 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 8 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 9 Attempted theft as cyclist's bag unzipped by man
- 10 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?