Ipswich: Awards night will turn spotlight on top pubs
THE town’s favourite pubs, clubs and bars will soon be revealed during an awards ceremony.
This year’s Best Bar None awards take place next week when Ipswich’s licensed premises will find out if they have won a prestigious award.
Nine awards are up for grabs including the coveted People’s Choice Award, which is sponsored by The Ipswich Star, and gives customers the chance to say which licensed premises provides a safe and welcoming environment.
There are 30 premises to choose from and the winner will be the venue which receives the highest number of votes.
The other award categories are Best Bar, Best Club, Best Independent Pub, Best Community Pub, Best Independent Bar, Best Independent Club, Best Town Centre Pub and Family Friendly.
Best Bar None Ipswich is run by Ipswich Borough Council, Suffolk police and Ipswich Central.
It rewards good practice by licensed premises in the town and ensures that Ipswich is a premier destination for a safe night out.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 5 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 6 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 7 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 8 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
- 9 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 10 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
The awards will be handed out at a ceremony in the Grand Hall at The Corn Exchange on February 16.
Entry forms should be sent to Caroline Elias-Stephenson, Ipswich Borough Council, Ipswich Best Bar None, Grafton House, 5th Floor West, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DE by Friday or vote via www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/news/best-bar-none
n What do you think of the town’s nightspots? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.