Ipswich: Awards night will turn spotlight on top pubs
THE town’s favourite pubs, clubs and bars will soon be revealed during an awards ceremony.
This year’s Best Bar None awards take place next week when Ipswich’s licensed premises will find out if they have won a prestigious award.
Nine awards are up for grabs including the coveted People’s Choice Award, which is sponsored by The Ipswich Star, and gives customers the chance to say which licensed premises provides a safe and welcoming environment.
There are 30 premises to choose from and the winner will be the venue which receives the highest number of votes.
The other award categories are Best Bar, Best Club, Best Independent Pub, Best Community Pub, Best Independent Bar, Best Independent Club, Best Town Centre Pub and Family Friendly.
You may also want to watch:
Best Bar None Ipswich is run by Ipswich Borough Council, Suffolk police and Ipswich Central.
It rewards good practice by licensed premises in the town and ensures that Ipswich is a premier destination for a safe night out.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
The awards will be handed out at a ceremony in the Grand Hall at The Corn Exchange on February 16.
Entry forms should be sent to Caroline Elias-Stephenson, Ipswich Borough Council, Ipswich Best Bar None, Grafton House, 5th Floor West, 15-17 Russell Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DE by Friday or vote via www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/news/best-bar-none
n What do you think of the town’s nightspots? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.